If you are still using this software, you should consider upgrading your computer and using Office 360.
Before attempting to setup your email boxes in Outlook Express, please make sure you have created the mailboxes on the server through your control panel.
- On the top menu in your Outlook Express click Tools to drop down the menu.
- On the Tools menu click on Accounts to open the Internet Accounts window.
- On the Internet Accounts window, click Add to pop out the side menu and then select Mail to begin the Mail Wizard.
- Enter your Display Name. This is how your name will appear in someone’s email program when you send an email to them. After typing your name, click Next.
- On the email address line type the address you setup through your control panel. Ex: If your domain name is mydomain.com and you created a mailbox billy, then the email address would be email@example.com. When finished, click Next.
- The first line asks what type of incoming mail server you have. Our mail servers are POP3 servers. This is generally the default, however if something else appears, click the down arrow and select POP3 from the list. Your Incoming and Outgoing Mail servers are both mail.yourdomain.com. Ex: For the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox we used as an example above, the mail servers would be mail.mydomain.com. When finished, click Next.
- On the Account Name line enter the mailbox name you created in your control panel. On the Password line enter the password you set for this mailbox when you created it. This is NOT the password into your website hosting account. It is the password you set for the mailbox. When finished, click Next.
- Click Finish and your email box will be created in Outlook Express. Please give the program time to download any emails that may need to download into the program.