Avoiding Dirty Tactics From Linking Partners
1. Java script blocks transfer of page rank.
2. Robots Text for links page to No Follow. With that command, the
search engine spiders will not crawl the page.
The RobotsMeta tag has the following options
Indexes the page and follows links
<meta name=”robots” content=”index, follow”>
Does not index the page, but follows links
<meta name=”robots” content=”noindex, follow”>
Indexes the page, but does not follow links
<meta name=”robots” content=”index, nofollow”>
Neither indexes or follows links
<meta name=”robots” content=”noindex, nofollow”>
3. Orphaned Pages no links to links page.
4. Check your link regularly http://www.hoojo.com/linkchecker.aspx free
Utilize Directory Structure for Increased Hits
Follow through with directory and sub-directory naming with appropriate
page titles, descriptions and keywords.
Internal Link Structure:
1. Organize Into Catagories
2. Links On Header & Footers to all Main Catagories.
3. All Catagories Have internal link Structure.
4. Site Map
5. Anchor Text Within Body of text.
What are the benefits of link building?
Here are some of the main benefits:
(1) Following a link gains traffic
(2) Search engines give sites with good inbound and outbound links a
(3) By providing links to other material
(4) Having a linking strategy forces you to ask the fundamental
question, “Why would anyone want to link to you?” The answer of course is that
you provide something of value
(5) Inbound links help to build trust. If people see that a popular or
respected site links to you, then their level of trust in what you say
and what you offer is likely to be higher.
(6) Perhaps most importantly, you become part of a community. linking
to key sources of information.
1. You must have good content on your site.
2. You should also publish outbound links that your site users will
3. You should have a target list of external sites from which you can
4. How to determine what is a “good” inbound link.
|Search Engine Help||SEO Historical Information|